1. You expect every kiss to be like this…
2. And every dance to be like this…
3. You’re always overdressed.
4. You’re still learning to master the art of sleeping in pin curls without being awoken by a stabbing pin.
5. Kirbi-grips; you love them & your partner hates them. You buy a new pack at least once a week – where do they all go?!
6. You’re highly flammable. Hairspray is your daily companion.
7. You spend a lot of time with your arms in the air. Who needs the gym when you have an arm toning vintage hairstyling regime?
8. You will never have enough storage space…
9. You mourn the well dressed man everyday. They can keep ‘The Skinny Jean Wearing Metrosexual’ and ‘Mr Man Bun’ with full beard & denim shirt. Where is ‘Sir Perfectly Tailored Three Piece Suit’ with immaculate hair & pocket square?!
10. You are petrified of the rain* (save the pin curls!) *unless a Gene Kelly lookalike asks you to dance in it
11. No matter how hard you practise, sometimes you just have a bad ‘cat-eye’ day
12. There are never enough hours in a day.
13. You face the inner turmoil of being a feminist & a vintage lover… Yes, my skirt of choice is pencil. No, I do not like to be referred to as darling. Yes, I love so much about the days gone by… The music, the fashion, the hair. No, I do not want my choices, wage, politics to be limited in anyway. Aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
14. All your style icons are dead. Thank goodness for the retro revival!
Come & roll with us for more retro fun
Photography Adam Robertson | Styling by Joanna Femi Ola | Dresses by The Pretty Dress Company | Hair by The Painted Lady London | Make Up by Natalie A MUA